|Another Democrat attack on the traditional family.|
Total Democrat Insanity - Idiot Democrats now want to give equal legal parental rights to sperm and egg donors
- Democrat bill will allow multiple parents for children.
- Remember, it takes a Socialist village to raise a child.
Mom and Dad, same-sex couples or blended families, California law is clear: No more than two legal parents per child.
When adults fight over parenthood, a judge must decide which two have that right and responsibility – but that could end soon reports the Sacramento Bee.
Nut-case State Senator Mark Leno (Socialist Democrat - San Francisco) is pushing legislation to allow a child to have multiple parents. "The bill brings California into the 21st century, recognizing that there are more than Ozzie and Harriet families today," he said.
Surrogate births, same-sex parenthood and assisted reproduction are changing society by creating new possibilities for nontraditional households and relationships.
Benjamin Lopez, legislative analyst for the Traditional Values Coalition, blasted Leno's bill as a new attempt to "revamp, redefine and muddy the waters" of family structure by a leader in the drive to legalize gay marriage.
"It comes as no surprise that he would try to say that a child has more than two parents – that's absurd," said Lopez, whose group calls itself a leading voice for Bible-based values.
Under Leno's bill, if three or more people who acted as parents could not agree on custody, visitation and child support, a judge could split those things up among them.
Examples of three-parent relationships that could be affected by SB 1476 include:
- A family in which a man began dating a woman while she was pregnant, then raised that child with her for seven years. The youth also had a parental relationship with the biological father.
- A same-sex couple who asked a close male friend to help them conceive, then decided that all three would raise the child.
- A divorce in which a woman and her second husband were the legal parents of a child, but the biological father maintained close ties as well.
Karen Anderson, of the California Protective Parents Association, said the legislation could result in a child being bounced among multiple adults in a bitter family breakup. "It's hard enough for children to be split up two ways, much less multiple ways," she said. (Sacramento Bee)