|Sign posted in the office of Los Angeles Mayor Villaraigosa. He has never|
created a job, made a payroll or even worked for a living. He has spent his
entire life as a "community organizer" and public employee.
11.8% unemployment in California - the "solution" for Democrats is to raise taxes
IDIOT ALERT - California has massive unemployment and many businesses leaving the state. But all Marxist Democrats can think to do is increase taxes and expand regulation by Big Brother Government. Perhaps they are having a contest to see how many employers they can drive out of the state in a one year period.
The simple fact of Business 101 is by encouraging the creation of more businesses you get more taxpayers and more tax income to spend. But career hack politicians don't take business classes in college or even bother to open a real business themselves. Opening a business would require working for a living.
Socialist Democrat Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa called Tuesday for changes to Proposition 13, challenging Gov. Jerry Brown (D-Calif.) and state lawmakers to remove business property owners from some provisions of the groundbreaking 1978 tax revolt law.
Villaraigosa said the measure, which regulates how much property taxes can rise, has become a "corporate tax giveaway" and had the "unintended effect of favoring commercial property owners at the expense of homeowners," reported the Los Angeles Times.
Villaraigosa also suggested expanding the sales tax to include services. Wonderful. Under the Mayor's moronic Socialist plan the state will charge sales taxes on "services" provided by business. This should work. Charge sales taxes on doctor services, accounting services, banking services, escrow services, lawyer services, barber services etc. The list is endless.
|Big Government is an ugly thing.|
"Gov. Brown, I say we need to have the courage to test the voltage in some of these so-called third-rail issues, beginning with Proposition 13," said the mayor –- a potential successor to Brown — in a speech to the Sacramento Press Club.
California Chamber of Commerce President Allan Zaremberg called it "a speech about raising taxes on business. It's exactly the opposite of what we want to happen to pull California out of a recession."
Villaraigosa is a loser
It is amazing to me why people for to elect a Socialist Elite Ruling Class that does not and has never worked for a living. The Mayor is a slacker and a loser who has done nothing real with his life. Created nothing. He just collects paychecks while witching other people work for a living.
- Villaraigosa attended University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), but he did not graduate by the time that he left in 1975.
- At UCLA, Villaraigosa was a leader of MEChA. A Mexican-American left-wing activist group.
- Villaraigosa attended the People's College of Law (PCL), an unaccredited law school that promotes labor union causes in Los Angeles. Villaraigosa's desire to practice law has been prevented due to his repeated inability to pass the Bar Exam, which he has failed four times.
- He became a field representative/organizer with the labor union United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA).
- Served as president of the Los Angeles chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union and the American Federation of Government Employees.
- Elected to the State Assembly based on an outstanding career as a "community organizer" and labor union stooge.
- Elected Mayor.
Those who can do . . . those who can't go into politics.
For more on this story