|Michael and Ronald Reagan|
Michael Reagan comes out for a part-time Legislature
- Make the SOBs in Sacramento get a job in the real world.
- Full-time legislators have bankrupted the state. Let's try a part-time citizen legislature. They have to do better than the morons in charge now.
- The act would return the state to a part-time legislature.
- Lawmaking sessions would be cut from 230 days to 90 days.
- Legislators would be forced to produce on-time, balanced budgets or not get paid. What a concept.
- The act also would end politics as a full-time career in California.
- Legislators would be paid $1,500 a month. At $18,000 a year, they'd have to find real jobs and see what it's like to live under the dumb and/or bad laws they write by the thousands in Sacramento.
(Citizen Legislature Now)