Is there anything more stupid in the world than a Democrat?
- Democrats won't drill for oil and collect the taxes from pumping that oil. Then wonder why they are short on tax money to spend.
- High Socialistic taxes are forcing thousands of jobs to leave the state.
- New businesses do not even want to open in California.
There is a slow drip-drip-drip of jobs leaving the People's Republic of California. It is a big world out there and companies have discovered that they can run their business just fine in Nevada, Texas or Mexico. In its most recent annual ranking of "business friendly" states, Forbes magazine had some blunt advice for investors: "Utah and Colorado have maintained strong business climates. Forget about California."
In an act of insanity, Democrats appear to have no interest in growing business and then collecting taxes on those businesses. They would rather wave the red flag of Socialism and jack up the taxes on an ever shrinking pie of business owners and taxpayers.
Californians like to dismiss such assessments of the Golden State and instead point to its natural beauty and quality of life. They tend not to worry what people in other states think. But they should.
Hi Tech - California is no longer the economic miracle it once was. Silicon Valley no longer has a monopoly on high-tech talent and innovation. Tech jobs are rushing out of California to China, Texas and India among others.
Hollywood - The monopoly is gone and Hollywood jobs are leaving the state. Movies are being filmed in Utah, New Zealand and Morocco. Even the game show Family Feud is filmed in Atlanta, Georgia. Hell, SoCal porn producers know they don't need huge wardrobe containers to move to Nevada.
- In the Forbes rankings, the state also comes in at No. 40 in the category of regulatory environment.
- California also ranks a disappointing No. 32 in the "labor supply" category, based largely on its low high school and college graduation rates. This ranking represents a precipitous decline from the days when California's colleges were ranked among the best in the world.
- The Canadian-based Fraser Institute compiles a similar ranking for the 50 states and the 10 Canadian provinces. Fraser's ranking is based on 10 statistical indicators that more narrowly focus on business concerns (tax rates, minimum-wage levels, unionization rates, public-sector employment and the like). The Fraser rankings came out in January. In that ranking, California scores even worse — a dismal No. 44 among the 50 U.S. states. South Dakota, Delaware and Texas top the Fraser list, while Vermont, New York and Alaska reside at the bottom.
Is there any chance Socialist Democrats will wake up and smell the bullshit they are shoveling? The chances are slim to none.
(Los Angeles Times) (Gale Anne Hurd)
|The "Walking Dead" is filmed in Georgia.|
Mega-producer Gale Anne Hurd (Walking Dead, Terminator, Aliens, The Hulk) has not filmed in California since 2003. High taxes have forced her projects and the jobs connected with them out of California.
Oil creates new jobs, wealth and taxes . . . but Democrats oppose new jobs, wealth and more tax money.